I have upgraded to a Davis weather station for better
accuracy and reliability.
I got my Davis Vue from Metcheck They were very helpfull and seem to be the cheapest in the UK
The Davis Vantage Vue weather station combines Davis' legendary accuracy and rugged durability into a compact station that's easy to set up and use. Vantage Vue includes a sleek but tough outdoor sensor array and a distinctive LCD console. Its unique Weather Center function provides additional information on each weather variable. In addition, Davis has made Vantage Vue radio-compatible with our flagship Vantage Pro2 professional stations so you can mix-and-match most components.
- Integrated Sensor Suite including temperature, wind, and rain sensors
- Mounting hardware (mounting pole sold separately)
- TIME & DATE
View the current time and date or time of sunrise/sunset.
- MOON PHASE
See the eight phases of the moon from new to full.
- FORECAST ICONS
Icons let you know to expect sun, part sun, clouds, rain, or snow.
- TEMPERATURE & HUMIDITY
Console updates outside temperature every 10 seconds and inside temperature every minute. In addition, outside humidity Updates every 50 seconds and inside humidity every minute.
Main console can extend range to additional consoles up to 1,000 ft. (300 m).
Five-position trend arrow shows whether barometric pressure is rising, falling, or stable.
- VARIABLE DISPLAY OPTIONS
See updated variables every 10 seconds for heat index and wind chill to get a better "feel" for the outside environment.
Console updates rain totals and rain rate every 20 seconds for the last 25 hours, days, months.
- "CHANGE IN WEATHER SINCE YESTERDAY" FEATURE
Allows comparisons of changes of temperature and barometric pressure from day to day.
- WEATHER CENTER
Weather Center provides additional information for each weather variable, such as daily highs and lows, temperature changes by the hour and barometric value changes. Also displays astronomical data such as meteor showers.
- USER-FRIENDLY KEYPAD
Domed buttons are easy to sense and press. Glow-in-the-dark keypad buttons give you access to weather information all day and all night. The Done key returns user to "current" screen from anywhere in the program.
Graph the last 25 hours, days or months. View up to 50 graphs including temperature, rain, rain rate, wind and barometric pressure—all on the console.
- "THIS TIME YESTER DAY" FEATURE
Data point on the graph indicates the weather during the same time yesterday to help compare and analyze day-to-day weather trends.
Set 22 simultaneous, different alarms to warn of dangers such as high winds, freezing temperatures, rain rate, flood warning, and more.
- WIND SPEED
See windspeed updates every 2.5 seconds. Displays windspeed in miles per hour, meters per second, kilometers per hour and knots. Provides the average and high wind speed for two-minute and ten-minute intervals.
Frequency-hopping spread spectrum radio ensures consistent transmission up to 1,000 ft. (300 m) from integrated sensor suite to console.
- RAIN COLLECTOR
Self-emptying tipping spoon measures rain with .01" (0,2 mm) resolution.
Vantage Vue records wind speeds as low as 2 mph (3 km/h) and as high as 180 mph (290 km/h).
- WEATHER PROOF COVER
Corrosion-resistant cover provides durability in extreme conditions. Electronics are potted or over-molded for added moisture shielding.
- RADIATION SHIELD
Provides excellent protection from solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat.
- TEMPERATURE/RELATIVE HUMIDITY
Provides outside temperature readings from -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65°C). Also measures relative humidity from 0 to 100%.
- EASY INSTALLATION
Installs easily and quickly with included mounting hardware kit.
- WIND DIRECTION
Measures wind direction in compass points or degrees.
- SOLAR PANEL
Energizes the station during the day. On-board super capacitor provides power at night. Lithium battery provides backup when needed.
- BUBBLE LEVEL
Allows for more accurate installation and better data collection.
Instruction ManualsVantage Vue Integrated Sensor Suite Manual
Vantage Vue Quick Reference Guide
Vantage Vue Quick Setup Guide
Vantage Vue Wireless Console Manual
Vantage Vue: Guía de Referencia Rápida, Español
Specification SheetsVantage Vue Specification Sheet
Application NotesAir Density as Applied to Fuel/Air Ratios
Apparent Temperature: Temp./Hum. Index
Equilibrium Moisture Content: Wood
Estimating Power From a Solar Panel
Installing Repeater Networks for Vantage Pro2
Interpreting UV Readings
Mounting Solutions: Non-Penetrating Flat Roof
Installation DiagramsWireless Repeater Combination Network (Multiple Stations/Repeaters)
Wireless Repeater Daisy Chain (1 Station, Multiple Repeaters)
Wireless Repeater First In Chain Network
Wireless Repeater Network with Multiple Stations
USB WeatherLink Datalogger to interface with the Cumulus software
Add this popular model of WeatherLink to any Vantage station or Weather Envoy. Suitable for everyone from the home weather buff to the most demanding scientific user. Store weather data even when it's not connected to a computer. Later, download the data and use the software for detailed analysis and graphing. Our popular WeatherLink with standard data logger is ideal for most purposes, while other models add special features designed for specific user groups.
- Graphs. Graph data on a daily, weekly, or yearly basis.
- Compare Data. See current conditions at a glance with an instant weather bulletin or view multiple weather variables at the same time for comparison.
- NOAA. Create Weather Watcher Reports in NOAA National Climatic Data Center Format.
- More Weather Data. View weather information not available on the console, including heating degree days, cooling degree days, and fuel-oil demand.
- Optional Sensor Reporting. With optional UV and solar radiation sensors, get details on sunburn risk and solar energy.
- Moon Phase. With Vantage Pro2 and Vantage Vue, you can see the phase of the moon right on the console. But now even Perception and Weather Wizard III owners can view the phases of the moon using WeatherLink.
Sharing Your Weather Data
- Create Your Own Reports. Data can be exported to most popular spreadsheets, databases, and word processing programs.
- Weather Website. Create a weather website or post weather conditions to a LAN. Add graphs, text lines, or scrolling ticker tapes, and upload other files (such as webcam images) along with weather data.
- Citizen Weather Observer Program. Submit your data to the National Weather Service to help develop improved weather prediction models.
- The GLOBE Program. Participate with other schools in the Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment program, an international weather-related program for students from elementary through high school. Supported by NASA and NSF.
- Data logger
- Software on CD
- Download cable to connect the data logger to your computer
- Getting Started Guide and Online Help
Specification SheetsWeatherLink for Windows, Vantage Stations
Application NotesEquilibrium Moisture Content: Wood
WeatherLink for Alarm Output with Vantage Pro & Vantage Pro2
WeatherLink: Move Data From One PC to Another
Installation DiagramsConnect a Wireless Vantage Pro2 to a Computer via WeatherLink (6152)
Connecting a Wireless Weather Envoy to a Computer via WeatherLink (6152)
RFI problems with the Davis Vantage VUE from HF
I did find that when I was using my ham radio on 20mtr "14 Mhz" that the datalink would sometimes stop working when only using around 80w. I fitted some clip on RFI Noise Suppressor Ferrite Core Filters to the USB lead at each end and this stopped the problem. Then when I run my amp at 400w it locked up again! The supplied USB lead that comes with the Davis DataLink is very long so I have replaced it with a .5m lead with the clip on ferrite cores and all now seems fine even when I TX 400w.
See the video
Here is the Davis Vantage Vue in my radio shack
The PC on the right has the Cumulus software and the Davis WeatherLink software to get the weather data to the internet. The PC on the left is running APRSIS32 that allows me to send the weather data to the APRS network. Click HERE to see the Clacton weather station on the APRS map. Below is the Davis integrated sensor suit on the 12ft pole on the back of my garage.
Here is my Live Shack Cam
Updates every 10 seconds. or press F5 to refresh
See timestamp to know if webcam is "LIVE"